Thursday, August 28, 2008

Trouble On A Plane - Plane About to Land

After getting the first few images of the credits, and not being very excited about them, I decided to create them myself ... in PowerPoint! I dropped the whole idea of having story elements in them. This idea came from Hitchcock's 'Thorn Curtain', in which he basically revealed parts of the movie within the credits. Call it a teaser if you want. The idea for 'Trouble On A Plane' was to have elements of the story like a cocktail glass, a bottle of poison, a briefcase, airplanes, ... All in cut-out form, in a very Saul Bass style. But looking back at Saul Bass designs for the numerous intro credits he created, I realized they all had one thing in common: simplicity! I also realized that if we added all those elements, the intro credits were going to become too comedic. Okay, Trouble On A Plane is a spoof, but the spoof is in the story, not the overall look of the film.
After Marq Lee saw my PowerPoint, he told me this would be easily recreated in After Effects. So easy that within a few hours after he saw my presentation, he had already recreated it! At the same time, my composer John send me the whole score. I had now all the elements to finish the movie. And I did!!!!

Next week I'm meeting Milan to go over color correction, as well as sound levels. By the end of next week, Trouble On A Plane should be ready to be send all over the world!

Click HERE for a sneak peek of the credits and the music that comes with it.

No comments: