Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Trouble On A Plane - Music and Poster




I finally put an ad on Craigslist yesterday to find a music composer who would be willing to work for a credit on the film. An hour later I received an email from a composer in Las Vegas and a link to one of the tracks he wrote, saying it might fit the style of the film. And it did! His little piece sounded very Bernard Herrmann, which is exactly what I'm looking for. Luckily enough, I'll be in Vegas this weekend (hate that city, yeuk) so I'll be able to meet him.

At the same time, I played around with poster ideas for the movie. I either wanted it to look very seventies, disaster movie, like the poster of Airport 75, where you have a colorized picture of each one of the actors at the bottom of the poster. Then on the other hand, I wanted to create a poster that reminded the audience of the airline advertisement art work from the 50's and 60's. Simple lines, cut outs, even colors, not much details. With that in mind, I created the below poster this morning. Let me know what you think!

3 comments:

The Mysterious Ad[ri.an B)e;ta]m.a.x. said...

This poster is good too, but i prefer the other one two posts down. That's just me.

Maxime said...

The other one was a little too modern. I want it one that reflected the old airline advertisement artwork, so I did it in a Matisse way. It also reflects the style of Saul Bass, the guy that did the poster for Vertigo.

The Mysterious Ad[ri.an B)e;ta]m.a.x. said...

That's funny, 'cause I was looking at it again today and I like it more now.