Monday, October 20, 2008

Trouble On A Plane - Screening

Last night was the long awaited UCLA screening of Trouble On A Plane. All the short films done by my fellow students and friends were screened at the Bridges Theater, the campus' official movie theater. I had delivered the final version of the film two weeks before the screening and got a call a few days later, telling me the DVD didn't work on any of their players. So I burned a new one and told them to let me know as soon as possible if this one played properly. I received an email a few hours later that it worked but that I should bring a back-up DVD, just in case. Apparently, my film was the only one having issues with the UCLA DVD players ... Great!

All the students were given about 15 tickets each, to invite cast and crew, and if any tickets left, friends and family. Because I had people coming that I had never met in person before (John Longen, the composer being one of them), I needed to come up with an idea in order for them to pick up their tickets before the screening. Mark had the fun idea to dress up in pilot uniform, while Christina, one of the actresses, would come in her stewardess uniform from the film. It worked brilliantly.
I also sticked mini version of the posters on all the tickets.

The Bridges Theater is beautiful. It has velvet red curtains hiding the screen before the films are screened and the theater can hold more than 300 people.

I was a little nervous. No, I take that back. I was VERY nervous. My movie was the 8th one to screen and I had nightmarish visions of the DVD not working. But when the blue-background of my credits appeared on the screen, I was not only relieved but so impressed by the quality of the projection. Damn, it looked sooooo good! And thank God that I decided on the non-color corrected version of the film! The film really doesn't need it when its projected on the big screen.

Afterwards, we were all rewarded with our certificate and were asked for an official group picture. The reception that followed was a lot of fun as well. Afterwards, we all went for dinner at a Japanese BBQ, which was out of this world!

No comments: